Tier 1 Cyber Arms Customers with OneTrust Vendorpedia to Tackle CMMC Supply Chain Operations
Tier 1 Cyber Arms Customers with OneTrust Vendorpedia to Tackle CMMC Supply Chain OperationsDOWNLOAD PDF
Tier 1 Cyber Arms Customers with OneTrust Vendorpedia to Tackle CMMC Supply Chain Operations
Tier 1 Cyber, an Alexandria, Virginia-based consulting and IT services firm, was founded to bring the expertise gained from protecting the nation’s most vital intelligence and military assets to the commercial sector. The company’s mission is to deliver world-class cybersecurity services to small and mid-size businesses that require advanced data protection.
As a trusted consultancy with 20+ years of team experience supporting clients in implementing, refining, and auditing Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and related standards, Tier 1 Cyber was tasked with helping clients prepare for the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
Closing Ranks on a New Cybersecurity Standard
The CMMC was created by the DoD because the Pentagon identified the cybersecurity of its supply chain as a risk to the economy and national security. To combat the threat, all companies doing business with the DoD (over 300,000) are required to become CMMC certified.
In order to compete for and win new contracts, our DoD clients must become certified under CMMC. As part of this new requirement, our clients will have to ensure that their supply chain, which includes (1) vendors that support business processes and (2) subcontractors, are all CMMC certified.
Before the CMMC goes into effect, the Tier 1 Cyber team is setting up workstreams to ensure their clients have a good a baseline level of risk management and compliance in place. Tier 1 Cyber quickly realized the need for a technology solution to automate operations and serve as a central repository for client’s supply chain data.
Partnering with OneTrust Vendorpedia on the Front Lines of CMMC
To support their client’s CMMC efforts at scale, Tier 1 Cyber partnered with OneTrust Vendorpedia, using the third-party risk management platform to streamline and automate third-party risk assessment and due diligence.
Vendorpedia allows Tier 1 Cyber, and their clients, to evaluate the cybersecurity preparedness of the supply chain. With Vendorpedia, Tier 1 Cyber is able to evaluate a supplier’s CMMC process and practice maturity, mitigate associated risks, add business context to supplier risks, manage key contract terms, access pre-populated research via Vendorpedia’s Global Risk Exchange, monitor supplier risk and performance, and ultimately save money and reallocate resources.
Tier 1 Cyber leverages Vendorpedia as part of a CMMC evaluation and management program for vendors and subcontractors. Specifically to:
1. Create customized vendor and subcontractor evaluation program for DoD contractor with prioritization of vendors by criticality;
2. Support onsite verification of subcontractor’s compliance with CMMC (the onsite verification is a differentiator and a key element to the verification process);
3. Evaluate vendors, flag any issues, and guide CMMC evaluation of vendors;
4. Report findings and work with DoD contractor, vendors, and subcontractors to remediate any deficiencies; and
5. Grade vendors and subcontractors preparedness against each other and track compliance for DoD contractor so it can rest assured that the vendor is CMMC compliant and can be bid on contracts.
Vendorpedia allows Tier 1 Cyber to independently verify many CMMC compliance requirements without having to perform a full assessment of vendors that support corporate business processes. As such, Vendorpedia increases efficiency, and greatly reduces costs of evaluating the vendors.
Leveraging an Elite Technology Solution for CMMC and Beyond
Companies are prioritizing the evaluation of their key contractors and looking for tools and programs to independently verify their vendors and subcontractors in an efficient and non-intrusive manner. Combining the Vendorpedia platform with a Tier 1 Cyber CMMC vendor and subcontractor verification program has proved to be an ideal combination to ensure CMMC compliance of the entire supply chain.
As Tier 1 Cyber continues to support CMMC operations, they have their sights set on implementing OneTrust GRC, an integrated risk management solution to identify, track, remediate, and monitor risk across IT infrastructures, vendor relationships and operations for a complete enterprise view of risk across a business’s profile.
Vendorpedia has been a force multiplier for Tier 1 Cyber clients, and to say that it has utility is an understatement. Tier 1 Cyber looks forward to a continued partnership with OneTrust Vendorpedia and will continue to utilize the solution in CMMC client engagements and beyond.
To learn more about how OneTrust Vendorpedia helps with the Department of Defense’s CMMC, visit our frameworks page.
Tech innovation has been growing at lightning speed for half a century, but at no time has digital evolution been more prevalent than between 2020 and today, as a global pandemic forced companies to adopt more automation solutions than ever before.
Included in that growth is the need for businesses to lean on partners, suppliers, and third parties. With that comes increased risk and the necessity for organizations to manage those endpoints. With the scale of services and digitization, has your company kept the same pace?
In this webinar, we took a look at just how quickly third-party usage has grown over the last two years, and what that means for your management program. We also discussed:
- Why third-party risk can’t be managed in silos
- How manual processes create blind spots in the organization
- Why resource-intense management programs slow execution
- How automation can help scale risk management in tandem with digital transformation
It can take a village to answer exhaustive security questionnaires. Certain types of questions require specific expertise from internal stakeholders across multiple business functions. With overlapping priorities, constantly changing information, and endless email threads; deadlines and action items can easily slip through the cracks.
So, how can you ensure you are efficiently working with internal stakeholders to make your questionnaire responses faster, better, and more accurate?
In this webinar recording, you will learn the winning strategies to make questionnaire collaboration a more efficient and scalable process. Additionally, attendees will learn:
- Common bottlenecks to timely questionnaire responses
- Tools to enable internal stakeholders and keep them accountable
- How to keep information up to date to limit inaccurate answers
- Tips on cross-team collaboration to build open lines of communication
- KPIs to measure your questionnaire response program
Despite the rapid evolution of the security community and IT technologies, organizations are using dated methods to assess vendors. As the community continues to evolve the static nature of assessments and manual assessment processes hinder the efficiency and centralization of data gathered, forming the need for exchange communities.
Exchange communities enable collaboration and information sharing by providing a platform that brings businesses and their third parties together into a single community to share security information and build mutual trust.
Thousands of organizations and their vendors participate in the exchange to collectively centralize and share critical information about their security, privacy, ethics and compliance, and ESG programs. This community-based approach makes third-party risk easier for everyone involved – both you and your third parties.
Download our eBook to learn everything you need to know about the value of participating in an exchange community for both customers and vendors. In the eBook, you will explore:
- What is the OneTrust Vendorpedia™ Exchange Community?
- What are the benefits of a vendor exchange?
- How the Vendorpedia Exchange Community can solve key VRM challenges for c customers
- How the Vendorpedia Exchange Community can solve key assessment challenges for vendors
- The value of shifting away from the static vendor risk assessment model
- The role of a vendor exchange in achieving organizational trust
- How does the OneTrust Vendorpedia Exchange Community help establish organizational trust?
Without a proper third-party risk management (TPRM) program in place, relying on third parties can leave your business vulnerable and put your reputation in jeopardy. And with recent disruptive events and a greater reliance on outsourcing, the TPRM discipline has been thrust into the forefront like never before. As a result, many ad hoc TPRM programs no longer meet board-level requirements.
Still, building a scalable TPRM can be daunting, leaving many to wonder: Where do I even start?
In this webinar recording, we outline a 30-day blueprint for a successful roll-out of a TPRM program. The session focuses on fundamental considerations when managing third parties while enabling your organization to put a solid foundation in place for long-term success. Key takeaways include:
- How to efficiently gather information on the third parties in use at your organization
- Typical TPRM team structures and responsibilities
- Methods to tier third parties to prioritize risk identification and mitigation
- Common best practices at each stage of the third-party lifecycle, from onboarding to offboarding
- Key areas for workflow automation to enable long-term TPRM program scalability
- Critical metrics to track for TPRM program success